Photos of adventuring into the scary world of fabric patterns.
The above photo is half a corset top, it's not perfect but it's really close. It's exciting to see it actually working. I've tried doing this once before on my own and I messed the fabric up badly. A waste of money and good fabric. :(
Here's progress on the white dress from the Duality Project. It fits okay but, it needs a little more breadth to it. It's very thin and I'm trying to cut out pieces of interfacing to thicken it up and make it stronger, especially on the sides where it goes in on the hips. The very thin material has a tendency to fold in on itself and look a little strange. Sorry for the hard to see photos.
I did this really quickly today. I was getting a little buggy about not uploading anything new to the store and I went through my things to see what I could put together. I had this camisole top that I'd been wanting to do something mermaid related with. I took some of my shells I had painted and attached them to the top. It felt like it needed just a little something more and I dug up through my assorted charms and found this abalone shell pendant with a pearl on it. It's normally meant for a necklace but, I thought it sat kinda pretty as a decoration for the top. I kept this one pretty simple for a buyer out there who might not like as much elaborate trims as I do.
I'm excited to bring some crafts over to my sister's tomorrow and work on more fun things. <3
- C.P. Lioncion